This time I’ll start at the beginning of a relationship: getting to know each other. Where do people meet these days? Nine out of 10 respondents would say online. Online communication in general has become an integral part of our lives. It has opened up new avenues and new frustrations. For those who are in search of their mates and partners, it’s an economical and convenient way to expand their circle of acquaintances and chances.
A long time ago I argued with my friend L. about the fact that you cannot fall in love with a person online, without live communication, without visual contact, without gestures and emotions on the face. She claimed that before a personal meeting and first sex, it is possible to determine online whether or not a person is suitable for you. I always lived in the world of real people, it was incomprehensible and caused persistent resistance and rejection of such ideas.
For some time I lived in the belief that I would get acquainted exclusively in real life, but time passed, and once, standing on the bus and watching people, I was amazed that everyone is “stuck” in their phones and absolutely does not respond to any external stimuli, that’s where the life and passions are now boiling – online.
Initially, because of the entreaties of my friends, who persistently convinced me that online sites are my “last” chance, then because of my innate curiosity and thirst for variety, I began to swim in the abyss of online dating.
If you want to buy something you’ve never worn before, you have to research all the offerings on the market first. After surfing the expanses of Google I found all kinds of ratings and created my own list, from which after registration several at once fell off.
A few conclusions I made for myself already at the stage of selecting and browsing:
- Before registering and diving into the maelstrom of endless “Hello, how are you?” and “Hi. You’re very beautiful,” decide at the outset what exactly you want, what the purpose of your search. Of course, every second of you will say “find your man,” but it’s not the right answer, because there will be dozens of letters and it is very difficult to uncover the “right” one in this waterfall, there must be a clear goal and criteria
- The more difficult it is to register, the more chances that the site is reliable and serious. Difficult to register are men, and in the process fall away, because most men do not like to think about a lot of things, and if you are just looking for fun, so much the better – the easier, the better
- -The more paid functions and services, the better. A serious man is willing to pay for the chance to meet the woman of his life. Of course, this is not an Absolute, but as a rule it is, although you have to pay for the entertainment too, the only question is the price
- Look carefully at the privacy terms, what the site is going to do with your data and photos, how easy it is to delete a profile if you want, and how quickly the technical support solves problems with users. This information is in the description of the registration – be careful not to accidentally stumble upon your photos on a fake page of agency escort services, which also masquerade as a dating site
- Mailing lists clutter up the mail and take time – pay attention to the services of the site. A reputable site will do everything not to annoy you, but to interest you to come more often.
In the next part, I’ll describe what catches your eye, what should alert and what can attract you already inside on the sites – the profile design, photo, activity, style of messages and different other things.
As always I will be glad to read you in comments or on mail ellydort[at]gmail[dot]com
Share the link and invite your friends to read us here.